Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Demonic Cookery - Episode 7

Hello All,
Its been a while since the last one and I finally got around to cooking something I've wanted to do for a long long time but never did and since my mom was out of town what better time to experiment. Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you: Demonic Spaghetti and Meatballs

Now I did make a few errors mainly because I choose not to measure and plan but I've figured out what corrective measures to take next time so I have mentioned those as well.


Demonic Spaghetti and Meatballs

Ingredients

For the meatballs:
1/2 Kg Mutton Mince (I'd suggest you use beef, I was too lazy to go to buy it)
2 Eggs
1/2 cup milk
salt & pepper
bread crumbs
nutmeg
parsley chopped fine
garlic chopped fine
onion chopped fine
cheese (recommended Parmesan but i used Britania pizza cheese)

For the sauce:
Tomatoes Chopped
Onion Chopped
Garlic Chopped
Olive Oil
Tomato Puree
Basil Leaves
Oregano
Salt & Pepper
1 tea spoon sugar

and of course Spaghetti :P

Preparation:
1. Mix all the ingredients for the meatballs in a large bowl and mix it real nice using your hands, after which you make them into ball shaped lumps and place them in a tray. Put them in the oven for about 25minutes to cook.
2. Heat some olive oil in a pan and throw in the onion and garlic into it and let it cook till the onions are turning brown. Throw in the tomatoes, puree, seasoning and all that jazz and let it simmer.
3. Put the spaghetti in boiling water. Make sure to add salt and a little bit of oil.
4. Once the meat balls are done place them in the sauce and let it cook for a bit. Remove and place in a plate.
5. Once the spaghetti is cooked remove the water and keep aside.
6. Now the mistake I made was I mixed the spaghetti into the sauce and since I had too much spaghetti and less sauce it made it a bit dry so what you can do is just pour the sauce on the spaghetti and place 2-3 meatballs on it and garnish with a bit of olive oil and a basil leaf and serve.

I also made mushrooms but I've given that recipe before so not putting it here.

Anyway hope some of you enjoy this dish. :)

The Calm Before the Storm
Mushrooms
Ze Uncooked Meatballs
The Sauce
The Spaghetti
Them meatballs cooking
Left on the side.
Thrown in Spaghetti
The final dish
Dinner Is Served

No comments:

Post a Comment